Author Topic: Head rush getting worse  (Read 2002 times)

Frederic

Head rush getting worse
« on: November 15, 2017, 03:51:32 am »
Hi all,

Just over one year after my middle fossa surgery and although I have good and bad days my condition still seems to be very slowly improving in the long run.

I have been getting head rushes for the last couple of weeks and I am not sure what to make of it. ???

The head rush lasts a few seconds and I can get one to several ones immediately after each other, as the heads rush occurs I can hear a whooshing sound coming from my ear on the side I was operated on. Difficult to explain but it feels like a pulsating effect.

It started of with a couple a day but it is happening more frequently.

Anybody else experience this?

I have been thinking of going to the doctor but my medical insurance is depleted and I am only getting new benefits in January. Doctor's visits also always have the same outcome since my operation, getting told that it's normal and part of the healing process and it can take years but it will get better.

Regards,
Frederic

tsaff88

Re: Head rush getting worse
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 02:05:17 pm »
Frederic,

I'm a few years out from Trans Lab and have something that seems similar to yours.  At night, while sleeping, I'll get a pulsating sensation in my surgical ear.  I used to say thumping but pulsating is a better description.  The frequency and intensity varies with the seasons.  In mid-spring through mid-fall it wakes me up 2 to 4 times a night.  It seems to intensify with weather changes.  It's practically non-existent this time of year regardless of the weather.  Changes to diet, exercise habits, sleep position, or anything else have no effect on it. I stopped talking about it with the surgeon because he didn't have an explanation other than to say it might be an artery in sync with my heartbeat.  He'd never heard of this symptom before.

Not a helpful answer I guess....but inexplicable symptoms seem to a theme with an AN.

Cheers

v357139

Re: Head rush getting worse
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 07:54:23 pm »
Fred and tsaff,
I would keep searching.  Maybe try another ENT/neurotologist for this specific issue.  Each doctor is a bit different, and knows different things, even within the same specialty.
Best of luck,
rich
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!