Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

CSF leak from incision

<< < (2/2)

ColleenS:
Hi there. I was on a medication to help reduce the amount of fluid production for about 3 1/2 months. As you can see in my storyline I did have the CFL surgery. I had lots of swelling whenever I tried to wean off of steroids. So I was on steroids and the water pills for months. How are you doing now? How large was your AN? What kind of surgery, and where did you have it done?

kgs123:
I ended up having a second surgery for the CSF leak, a month after my original translab - 18x13x9 - and two weeks after the start of the leak. The meds did nothing to quell the production of fluid. I was at Duke (Durham, NC) and had fantastic care and great doctors. I guess I am just part of that percentage that doesn't heal well at first. I had felt fine before the giant goose egg, walking 3x/day of .5-.6 mi each time. Then the bottom fell out and I was a dizzy mess with a hard mass at both the top and bottom of my incision.

Now I am 2 weeks post leak fix procedure. I appear to be doing well. The incision is a bit messier this time, but does not appear to be leaking CSF. I am so appreciative for the folks on here!

kgs123:
Now that I am 3.5 weeks after my second surgery I have a giant goose egg on my AN side. Dr isn't worried unless I spring a leak but it's concerning to me nonetheless. How long did it take anyone for their goose egg to go away? Thanks.

ColleenS:
I never had a "goose egg" - my leak sprung from my nose. Good luck and be sure to rest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version