Author Topic: Steroid for AN? House Clinic?  (Read 2219 times)

Maven

Steroid for AN? House Clinic?
« on: November 03, 2017, 10:59:28 am »
My 71 yr old husband was recently diagnosed with AN, and the neurologist prescribed a steroid, Deflazacort 6 mg once a day, for 3 weeks., then another office visit.We live outside the US, just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this treatment, as I can find nothing published on it. We have no measurements since it was not picked up by both radiologists who issued reports.

He does have unilateral hearing loss, mild facial numbness , on the opposite side of supposed tumor.He has dizzy spells and has had one severe vertigo attack. He also has short term memory loss and had one amnesia episode, don't know if that could be related to an AN, if there is one.

Have sent MRI to House Clinic for opinion, also wonder if anyone has any experience with that procedure? How long it takes? How they contact you?

I tried to attach a photo of an MRI image with suspected tumor, but cant figure out how to do it.

Thanks very much for any feedback

Maven

ANSydney

Re: Steroid for AN? House Clinic?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 11:30:30 pm »
Steroids are prescribed for swelling, so they will (temporarily) reduce tumor size. They ma=ke a good stop-gpa measure and are often prescirbed folowing surgery or radiosurgery. The are alos preseiced ofr sudden hearign loss.

To put up a photograph, you need a host such as photobucket. Place the picture there then reference it.