Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

Electric stim

(1/2) > >>

JLR:
Hi All, Have had 5 sessions of acupuncture for my facial paralysis. The therapist now recommends electric stim.  I'm a little hesitate as I've read it could cause more problems. Has anyone had this done. Thanks,  Joan

maodonn:
I had electric stim but it did not help. I am now going to a facial nerve therapist (25 years post op) and I have made great strides.

JLR:
I started facial therapy. Hope this works. I understand it's not a quick fix - can take many months. I'm glad your therapy has been successful. 

Sanderson:
 Hello, I am four months post-op. I have gone to facial acupuncture three times, too. I plan on continuing to go every week. My surgeon suggested yesterday electric stimulation to exercise the facial muscles. I have no idea where to go to have such a thing done. The physical therapist I saw was not helpful. I only went twice and he told me I did not need to come back until my facial nerve started to grow more. Who do I go see for a facial stimulation? Are there physical therapists who specializes in facial paralysis? Or do I see an occupational therapist?

I told my surgeon that I had read controversial information about electric stimulation. He was not aware of any controversy. He thought it would help with muscle atrophy. I’m not sure what to think.

I wear an eyepatch to protect my cornea. The left side of my face is paralyzed. And I’m a classroom teacher who is going back to work in the beginning of August.

Jill Marie:
Hi, I'm posting about your eye not about the Electric stim.  Do you patch your eye all day?  Have you looked into trying a scleral lens or a soft contact lens?  Feel free to ask questions and or research the lens info on the eye posts on this site. I'm at work now on break so can't write more now.  Jill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version