AN Community > AN Community

Where can I go for help?

(1/2) > >>

LizH:
Where can I go for help? I  really need help at home. I live alone and my 2 brothers who live far away from me don't seem to want to to help by offering me accomodation in their homes. I have never been married and have no kids. Performing daily chores such as cooking, doing the dishes, cleaning myself are a hassle. I am broke so I can't even hire help. In fact, I am wondering where I will end up living in 2 months time when I will have no money to pay the rent and even to pay the health insurance premium. I have not worked the last 5 months and have depleted my savings. I am in trouble now.

Laura:
Effiya, it sounds like it's time to reach out to your very close friends and your church family. There may also be programs in your community that could assist. I'm not sure if it's totally for the elderly but what about Meals on Wheels to bring food daily? You could also check with neighborhood kids. With Christmas coming I'm sure there are kids out there that would be willing to help for a few dollars. Enough to make them happy but not break the bank? Good luck and God bless!

Do your brothers not realize how serious this surgery can be?

Laura

LizH:
Thank you, Laura, thank you Bruce. On Saturday I called St Vincent de Paul. I didn't get anyone so I left a voicemail message. Yesterday, I called the Jewish Family Services and Catholic Family Services yesterday. Again, I didn't get anyone so I left messages, but no one has returned my call. I probably need to call again. I called these two organisations upon the advice of a disability lawyer I am working with now.

Palace:
Hello:

Let me ask you, "what can you do?"  Perhaps someone you could find through a church or charitable organization could trade with you if you could care for a dog or ?  Some people have a small "grandma house" right out back and could work something out. 

There must be a way as, people are out there buying things for the holiday that they don't need.

Check back with us on the forum often.

Hugs,

Palace

Raydean:
Please call your area Agency on Aging and explain your situation.  These people are amazing and will know hook you up with the programs that will help, such as chore service and home health.  You may not be a senior citizen yet, but explain the situation.  I am sure that they will be able to you headed in the right direction.

Hugs
raydean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version