General Category > Inquiries

Alcohol issues

(1/3) > >>

Zan:
I have never been a big drinker, but I do like to have a glass of wine or a cocktail with dinner a couple of times a month. Occasionally, I will have a second drink. A little over a year ago, about the same time that my other AN symptoms started, I began to notice that if I had that second drink, I would get the spins.
Has anyone else expected this?

PaulW:
Yep....
Thankfully my balance issues are pretty good these days....
A few years back I went to a bar, had 2 drinks, and had trouble sitting on the bar stool..
They thought I was so drunk they refused to serve me!

Zan:
Good to know. It's hard sometimes, to know what symptoms are from AN and what is from getting old. Lol

ChristineB1111:
My symptoms began in November 2016 but like many I've probably had it much longer.  I am pretty light to begin with, always been thin, so it's never taken much to get a buzz. I was only diagnosed last week, after losing hearing in my left ear partially in November. For about the last year I have noticed I don't even need to finish one glass of wine to notice its effects. Not necessarily the spins, but definitely walk like a drunk person very quickly. Sucks because I love to have a glass of wine when I'm making dinner, it's something I look forward to after a long day. But it's become a maintenance matter now so I just don't drink as much. One of the first things I thought of when diagnosed was oh so THATS why wine does that to me now.

Muffin:
I am in this camp, too.  I never was a big drinker, thin, and was happy it didn’t take much for a buzz, but now I can get that on a half a glass of anything.  Also walk all over the place.  I tell my husband I am a cheap date. :) :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version