General Category > Hearing Issues

BICROS with bluetooth anyone?

<< < (2/3) > >>

gunns:

--- Quote from: joshstru on September 01, 2017, 06:24:18 pm ---Can you tell me what the other side hearing aid it that connects to the Phonak Audeo B-Direct?  Looks like a good option. I would like to pair with an in the canal on the deaf side if that is available.  Thank you.

--- End quote ---

I would check their website.. I'll soon be fitted for hearing aids and am giving the Audeo B-direct a lot of consideration.  Just had my AN removed July 25th.

Smithair:
I have had the Phonak CROS II for about 2 years - It's better than nothing, but restaurants and congested areas are difficult.  I initially had the lanyard mic but now purchased the clip on device that will Bluetooth with my phone, TV, etc.  This device has a blinking light.  I clip it on my bra strap and forget that others can see the light - not life changing, but it gets old having to explain what its for.  I also have an external mic I can put on a table or give to someone that will pick up more conversations - again, its ok not great.  I am looking for something better - not sure it is there.

tinkin3:
I just got a CROS (Signia by Siemens).  I like it and it does help me when I'm in a group of people.  No integrated bluetooth is available on any CROS device, according to my audiologist, which is disappointing.  I tried the accompanying device on a lanyard, but it was too cumbersome to use.  It disconnected quite a bit, and I didn't want to have it hanging around my neck all the time. 

Interested to hear what solution you went with.

Susan A:
I have a Phonak CROS H2O, with a Phonak Audéo-S. The Audéo S is several years old, so in order for it to connect via Bluetooth to my Phone, I need a Compilot pendant around my neck. With an additional doohickey ('boot') connected to the Compilot, it will also connect with a Roger microphone, which makes it like turning the volume up on the voice of the person with the microphone :-)
When I use the Compilot or Roger, the CROS switches off, and the sound only goes into my good ear. When I'm using the Roger mic,this is an advantage as I'm focusing even more on the sound from the microphone. I honestly don't use the Compilot with my phone - I get better sound by just wearing my earbuds with the phone.
I've been told that there are Phonak hearing aids that don't need the Compilot pendant or boot, but I'm not in a position to buy a new hearing aid right now.

JLR:
I had surgery 11-1-16. Have right side deafness now. Although I have adapted I notice that I have difficulty determining where sound is coming from. i.e. Was in kitchen, my husband upstairs, he yelled down to me and I thought his voice was coming from the basement. So weird. Is there any app,iance I can wear to direct the sound waves?  Thanks. Joan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version