Post-Treatment > Balance Issues

Balance improvement translab or Gamma knife

<< < (2/3) > >>

Echo:
My an was 1.8cm when diagnosed but grew to 2.4cm when finally treated with GK.  I had very mild balance issues prior to GK, but about 6 months post GK when the AN started to swell my balance issues became really bad.  I can quite honestly tell you for about 1.5 years I struggled with balance and ocular motor issues.  At the 3 year post treatment point last Sept., I was pretty much back to normal, just the occasional wobble. 

Cathie

Freelander:
pcurry....  did you follow through with the radiation?  How was your balance?  We would appreciate hearing your story.   

notaclone13:
Pcurry has posted post-radiation followups on other threads. Is now 7 months post radiation and is experiencing some eye twitching. Tap on the name and choose see all posts option.

EMOC:
I had GK 3 years ago and TL last November. My balance is ok for the most part. Feel unsteady when I stand up rapidly. This was the case even before my GK. My AN was 2.5 cm when I did GK, was 4 cm before the TL.

I can get on small ladders no problem. Haven’t ridden a bike. Coached little league for a few seasons. I walk a lot and lift weights.

Freelander:

--- Quote from: EMOC on July 24, 2019, 11:44:35 am ---I had GK 3 years ago and TL last November. My balance is ok for the most part. Feel unsteady when I stand up rapidly. This was the case even before my GK. My AN was 2.5 cm when I did GK, was 4 cm before the TL.

I can get on small ladders no problem. Haven’t ridden a bike. Coached little league for a few seasons. I walk a lot and lift weights.

--- End quote ---

Hi,
How would you describe your balance symptoms: prior to GK, then after GK alone, then after surgery?   If you don't mind, where did you have your GK done?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version