AN Community > AN Community

Saw the Dr. yesterday ...

(1/3) > >>

msuscottie:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your messages asking about my appointment yesterday. It was actually my follow-up appointment to my 6-month MRI after my second surgery. I still have a "small but substantial" piece of tumor in there, but it has not grown since my last MRI which was the good news. The not-so-good news was that my Dr. is 99% sure that it will grow again in my lifetime and suggest that I have Gamma within the next 6-months to halt any potential growth. I asked if it hurt anything by waiting to see if it does in fact grow and he said "potentially, because it will be bigger if it's growing which would require a higher dose of radiation."I'm not really sure what to do. If I can avoid any further treatment, I want to, but I also don't want this getting to a dangerous size again. I see my other Dr. on 12/1 and am going to wait to see what he says. If he says the same thing then I might have to do it. Ho-hum .... 2 brain surgeries and I'm still not done. Getting frustrated.

On a brighter note, I was in the newspaper today. Check it out!

http://www.journalgroup.com/index.php?id=1940

tatianne:
glad to hear that the little bugger didnt get any bigger...in my opinion you got some good news.
Weigh your options, its your body and you need to do what you think is best for you.
Wonderful article by the way, a lot of individuals are going to become aware because of it.
Good to here your doing well, and that baby of yours seems to be getting cuter and cuter.
All the best
T

Kilroy1976:
You've already had two surgeries, so why not just take the radiation hit now and be done with it? The surgeries have probably already created any treatment-related problems (tinnitus, etc.) that the GK would...

Crazycat:
Hey Scott,

Didn't see this until now. In the photo you look perfectly healthy! I'd never know that you'd been through the AN dilemma!

Paul

Patti UT:
Ya Paul,
 that's the problem, we all look so normal on the outside. little do "they" know the nightmare going on insdie. 

Scott, wht a handsome dude you are.  I am so sorry about your delima. it just isn't fair having to face yeat a third treatment. My heart goes out to you and your family. What an ordeal. YOU and the others as always are in my daily prayers.

Patti UT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version