Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

Eye closes when eating, and constant tearing

(1/2) > >>

Boise Jim:
Yeah, you read right! Whenever I eat, my right eye (AN side) closes on its own, and won't open again until I'm done chewing. Funny thing is, I've never been able to wink with that eye, either.
Also, anyone else out there have a problem with their AN side eye constantly tearing up? Beyond frustrating.
Two years out from GK.

robertwh2:
6.5 years post op and I still get the watery eye on the AN side. Not real bad but it happens several times a week. Could be eating dinner, watching tv, or working. No real trigger.

rgrchrch:
My eye sometimes closes when I eat. I had Retro Sigmoid 4/2015. Prior to that I had Gamma Knife in 11/2011. GK did little but prolonge the enevitable.
Tumor was 3.6cmX3.1cm when we had it removed...(mostly removed). I followed up the surgery with CyberKnife 4/2016 to try to get remainder.
Anyhow, my eye appears to be lubricating at a minimum level. I cannot tear up enough to remove any debris, but have little to no irritation most of the time.
I do maintenance work for a living and it sucks having to flush eye all the time.

jeeper182:
Had GK on 5-12-16. Developed facial nerve issues: could not close eye all the way & could not whistle. These things resolved, but in the last few months I have noticed that my eye is closing when eating. Then I noticed that it closes when I purse my lips (try it!). I believe that is called synkinesis (certain muscles moving when they are not supposed to).
If anybody knows if this issue resolves or if there is a way to treat it, please let me know. I don't find it to be too awful, but it is annoying. Most annoying is that I have not been able to wear my contact lenses. Still hopeful, though!

Patricks:
Constantly tearing is better than dry eye

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version