Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

Facial nerve recovery after a year

<< < (2/2)

Kaci:
I had surgery July 2017 so 20 months now. I still produce no tears and I’m very sensitive to bright sun like when I drive and it’s super bright out it seems to effect my facial nerves. I think I still see improvement, at one point I couldn’t drink out of a straw, use mouthwash without it spilling out of my mouth, had trouble pronouncing certain words without slurring and all this has improved. The doctors say I may still see more improvement, I am hoping that atleast I will have tears back that probably bothers me the most. I am going for Botox treatments soon, the plastic surgeon said he can lift my brow, get rid of the dimple many of us seem to get, help with the puffiness that I still slightly have. Curious if anyone has Botox stories to share

MT:
My 2 cents,

I am four and a half months since RS procedure with zero improvement. I have been told to wait up to 8 or 9 months during recently visit (that's another 4/5 months) then seek eletro-stimulation sessions if things don't improve and then consider facial reanimation procedures if eletro-stimulation does not work.

ColleenS:
I have found some great helpers for our dry eye. Moisture chamber glasses - they make them for indoor and outdoor. That has saved me from having to tape and patch my eye as often. I have reduced my brightness on the computer, which helps a lot (I work on a computer all day). I watched a YouTube video on facial exercises to help and I do them periodically during the day. I also take eye vitamins (Lutein 40 mg.) - this one really helps with moisture.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version