Author Topic: Dr. Heilman and Dr. Sillman Tufts Medical Center Boston  (Read 2859 times)

JaneK

Dr. Heilman and Dr. Sillman Tufts Medical Center Boston
« on: June 07, 2018, 01:58:29 pm »
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to take a moment and let you know that I'm 2 weeks post retrosig surgery with Drs Heilman and Sillman and surgery went incredibly well! If anyone in the Boston area is looking for an excellent surgical team, I highly recommend them. They're truly amazing and I'm feeling very grateful and lucky to have had them. Thank you to those of you shared your experiences with me, without your recommendations I may not have had such a successful surgery, so I'd like to pass along the recommendation to anyone who's searching for great surgeons.
Wishing you all well :)

notaclone13

Re: Dr. Heilman and Dr. Sillman Tufts Medical Center Boston
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 02:23:50 pm »
Hi Jane,
It's wonderful to hear that your surgery went well.  Hoping you have smooth sailing from here on and that you will not experience any problem with migraines.  Please continue to post updates on the forum to let us know how you are doing.

JaneK

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 02:35:43 pm »
Hi notaclone,
Thank you! I've been headache and migraine free (with the exception of Day 11 when I did get a headache after tappering off of the steroids, but that was expected). So, I'm feeling really great and enthusiastic about the post surgery me. All the tumor pain is finally gone and I couldn't be happier. I just feel incredibly grateful and lucky! I'm able to manage the post surgery pain with 2 Tylenol every 6 hrs and a muscle relaxer at bedtime. Honestly, I was off of all prescribed pain meds by the 11 day and I'm feeling so much better than I was before surgery.
My only issues right now are a numb face an side of head and the wonky headedness that's to be expected post surgery after the vestibular nerve resection.
I'll keep you posted. Right now I'm feeling that this was the best decision I could have made.
I hope you're doing well too!
Take care,
Jane

Arraia

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 09:59:07 pm »
Hi JaneI am glad to hear your surgery went well!

I was diagnosed with 1cm left side tumor in 2016.I am from Boston area and my Doctor is Dr McKenna·I am still watching   b ut reading and learning everything that I can..I.willhave MRI.donenagain in Feb.Lets.see what hapening.
Thank.you for sharing your experience.I.wa very important to me.
Ho poo e yo.are doing well!
Happy  Holidays,!

Doris.Arraia