General Category > AN Issues

Need second surgery--very depressed

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kathleen_Mc:
I am so sorry u r having to deal with regrowth.....it happens (I had regrowth after loosing 7-10 cranial nerves with my first surgery)
I am even more sorry to read about yet another person in financial straights due to the cost of health care.......I am so thankful for our health care here in Canada
Take care
Kathleen

mmilazzo:
Thank you everyone. I'm feeling a little better about it, and I am deferring my student loan payments at this time, so at least there is something. I appreciate you letting me vent. :) Sometimes you just need to admit that you are upset about it. We are allowed to be upset! We don't have to be strong all the time.

Willbur:
Sorry to hear that. I'm a newbie here so I'm praying that I don't have anything like that happen. What are the chances of regrowth or do the doctors not really know?

mmilazzo:
I don't really know the chances for regrowth. In my case, the original surgeon left about 10% of my tumor (it was 3.2cm) to prevent facial paralysis. Well, here we are a year later, and my tumor is growing at an abnormally fast rate. The neurosurgeon I have now (in a different state because I have since moved) thinks the original guy left too much.

Second surgery is scheduled for November 16. I am not even worried about the surgery anymore since I've been through it once--just the money aspect of it. Oh well.

Willbur:

--- Quote from: mmilazzo on October 16, 2016, 08:38:03 am ---I don't really know the chances for regrowth. In my case, the original surgeon left about 10% of my tumor (it was 3.2cm) to prevent facial paralysis. Well, here we are a year later, and my tumor is growing at an abnormally fast rate. The neurosurgeon I have now (in a different state because I have since moved) thinks the original guy left too much.

Second surgery is scheduled for November 16. I am not even worried about the surgery anymore since I've been through it once--just the money aspect of it. Oh well.

--- End quote ---

I see you moved to Colorado. Was that for the benefit of medical marijuana?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version