Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

Foggy/lightheadedness

<< < (3/4) > >>

ANSydney:
If you have a shunt installed and overshunting, can't you get the shunt opening pressure adjusted?

Crazycat:
No. Not in my case at least. It is permanently set. Right now I'm not really feeling any different than I have over the past 12 years since my surgery, (not 17 years as I mistakenly said previously); the usual left-side deafness, lightheadedness, double vision and facial numbness on the AN side. My head feels like a lead-lined helium balloon, floating above and behind my head. The doctor said if the overshunting was bad I'd be getting headaches every time I stood up. I'm not getting that.....so far anyway. What's happening is that the lack of CSF pressure which cushions the brain from the skull is allowing the brain to expand, creating an inverse kind of pressure.

I have to say that, reading through the testimonials posted by other patients, and with the size of my AN, I'm very fortunate to have come through the ordeal was well as I have.

We'll just have to see what next year's MRI scan will reveal.

ANSydney:
More correctly, you would get headaches whenever your spine is vertical, rather than when your stand up. Sitting straight up is like standing as far as intracranial pressure goes.

Can your shunt be made to be adjustable pressure?

Crazycat:
Good question about sitting or standing. Sometimes I think I'm beginning to feel the headaches coming on. Today, no problems.
I do get tired and need to stretch out several times a day. And no, the shunt is not adjustable, and, short of removing the shunt (which is very dangerous) then there is nothing that can be done and I'll have to learn to live with it. If this situation with the overshunting is a progressive one, I'm in for a wild ride, and especially in conjunction with treatment for regrowth.

Patti:
Crazycat-I neer saw this post.  Sorry! Did you have radiation for the re-growth.  I feel fine 2!/2 years out from my SRS.  Next MRI in June.  Headaches are MUCH better.  Patti

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version