Pre-Treatment Options > Pre-Treatment Options

Wife just diagnosed with 5x10x5mm AN yesterday, July 14, 2016

<< < (2/10) > >>

mandihester:
Gattomarte-
I was also treated for fluid on the ears but my PCP did make the ENT referral when my symptoms didn't get any better.  My tumor is 1.5cm and I have just elected to have surgery.  It isn't scheduled yet, but I will hopefully get the call soon. 
Good luck to your wife!

Director:
Hi Gatto Marte,

You and your wife might be interested in these Questions for the Doctors- you can print them out and take them to her next appointment. There is also a Questions for Yourself list. https://www.anausa.org/pretreatment/questions-for-your-physician
Best wishes
Allison Feldman, CEO, ANA

GattoMarte:
Thank You All Very Much for the helpful information. My job requires me to travel a bit this time of year so it's hard to find the time to check back here.

We are going to Keck tomorrow morning for our first sit down talk with them.

GattoMarte:
Update: We talked with two wonderful Keck doctors last Wednesday. My wife has not developed any other symptoms other than the original partial hearing loss per testing and interview results. So, we now wait for her next MRI results in January to best determine the next step.

GattoMarte:
UPDATE: February 8, 2017

Today my wife and I went to Keck Medical Center of USC to be advised of the results my my wife's second MRI, the first being done six months ago. We were told the AN has remained the same and not grown, so, the next step is to schedule yearly MRI's to keep an eye on it. If any dizziness, numbness or facial tics appear we are to immediately contact Keck to take the necessary steps.

So, we are thanking God and all Good People at this time. I will keep this thread updated as time moves along.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version