Author Topic: Dr Gubbels and Dr Youssef - UC Denver  (Read 3270 times)

ccooper

Dr Gubbels and Dr Youssef - UC Denver
« on: March 18, 2016, 08:44:55 pm »
In February 2016 I had a large AN removed by Dr Youssef as the neurologist and Dr Gubbels as the otologist. I was refered to Gubbels for an initial consultation. He was so comforting in his mannerisms. He took time to educate myself and my husband. He wanted to do the procedure with Youssef who we later met and were impressed by his experience and confidence. Both doctors staff were helpful post procedure. Highly recommended.
37 yr old female
3.4x3x2.6
Retrosigmoid February 2016 at UC Health
Oops they forgot to tell me tumor was left behind
Doubled in size
Re-do Retrosigmoid at House July 2016
SSD, Facial Paralysis but almost recovered

ccooper

Re: Dr Gubbels and Dr Youssef - UC Denver
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:03:46 pm »
UPDATE: Two months post surgery Dr Youssef informed me that the remaining tumor in my head had doubled. Very long story that I'm willing to advise on if you PM me, but I have my second surgery less than six months after my first out at the House Clinic.
37 yr old female
3.4x3x2.6
Retrosigmoid February 2016 at UC Health
Oops they forgot to tell me tumor was left behind
Doubled in size
Re-do Retrosigmoid at House July 2016
SSD, Facial Paralysis but almost recovered

Sheba

Re: Dr Gubbels and Dr Youssef - UC Denver
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 09:29:47 pm »

I'm so sorry to hear that your first surgery failed and that you have to go through this again so soon, how devastating. 
 :(

I am very glad to hear that you are able to go to House for the re-do, they will get it done properly.

Diagnosed 4/2016 1.4cm AN.  Mild hearing loss and tinnitus.
Removed 7/2016 at Keck, Drs. Freidman and Giannotta, Retrosig approach.  Lost hearing in AN ear, but no other negative outcomes.  Will investigate bone anchored hearing devices.