AN Community > AN Community

Chris having Anastomosis Surgery Monday

(1/5) > >>

chrissmom:
Hi All...

I haven't been here for a while, school has been keeping me busy.  I see that Christopher has been on.  He enjoys discussing issues with all of you.  He needs your support.

We need your thoughts and prayers again.  He is having the 7/12 Jump Graft surgery on Monday.  The facial nerve will be anastomosed with the hypoglossal nerve.  They use a very small section so as to minimize the effects on the tongue area.  We are hoping for an eventual reanimation of the right side of  his face. 

Again, we have an excellent doctor and that makes all the difference in the world.  Apparently, Dr. Arriaga (Chris' doctor) and Dr. Brackmann have mastered this approach.  Chris is doing so well, I only hope that he continues at this pace after this surgery.  He is walking so much better, he has no headaches, his reaction time is extraordinary.  His strength is returning and he seems so anxious to drive and get back to work and college.  His hair is coming back too.  For such a long time, we only saw scars on his head.  He has dark hair and it now covers the scars. ::)

Please keep us in your thoughts.

nancyann:
I'll be praying for Christopher and all of you.   I was going to have the 7/12 jump in Nov., but it's postponed.  It's amazing how much you can accomplish after getting thru AN surgery.
   My thoughts are with you., Nancy

Dfcman:
anybody have that surgery???  Not that i'm nervous(well maybe a very very lil) I am just kinda wondering what its like afterwards.

Chris

Battyp:
Hey Chris, Jeff had that done not to long ago.  He's in sebring fl and his wife emailed me and said he's going great.  Sounded like everything did what it was suppose to.  We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!

Karen:
Chris, I had that surgery three years ago.  It went ok.  I can now smile (not like before the AN but a small smile and my face at rest looks normal.  I am going to a facial therapist, Jackie Diels in Wisconsin.  She is great. I would highly recommend doing the facial therapy.  Any questions just let me know.  Karen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version