Author Topic: Latest MRI - almost year #15 of W&W  (Read 3379 times)

Sheryl

Latest MRI - almost year #15 of W&W
« on: June 24, 2016, 05:13:26 pm »
Hi All - Hubby and I had our heads examined by MRI once again (we both have/had brain tumors).  I am once again stable.  The feeling is this tumor is between cranial nerves 8 and 9.  On examination, any of the minimal symptoms I may be feeling are not felt to be bad enough to intervene at this point.  Hubby has no tumor regrowth from his meningiomas but a very small spot which they feel is radiation necrosis from his two radiation treatments.  He had a few found last spring which have not changed/grown. 

So, all in all good news. 
Sheryl
p.s. Special hi to Derek my running mate in this W&W brigade!!
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Derek

Re: Latest MRI - almost year #15 of W&W
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 02:16:57 am »
Hi Sheryl...

Congrats to you and Larry on your joint great news. Cannot believe just how quickly the time is going by....quite scary :o

When I joined this forum I was in my 4th year following diagnosis and now here we both are into our 15th year!

Keep the good work going Sheryl and I'll continue tagging along right behind you  :)

Best Regards

Derek

Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

MG

Re: Latest MRI - almost year #15 of W&W
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 07:27:37 am »
Hi Sheryl,

Happy to hear you both had good results! :)

I had to have Cyber knife six weeks ago. Going through some deep pain in my ear /facial area and exhaustion. I wish I was still on W&W but that's life! Hopefully my tumor will shrink.
Best of luck!

Hi Derek,
Glad to hear you are still going strong! :) Keep on going!

MG

Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016