Author Topic: MRI "Inconclusive"  (Read 5515 times)

MusicCityVic

MRI "Inconclusive"
« on: April 15, 2016, 03:15:49 pm »
Finally had an MRI with Contrast yesterday after a month of delays.   Turns out they didn't use a high resolution 1.5 or 3.0 Tesla MRI so the images were less than optimal.  I didn't even know there were varying levels of MRI's.   The did see a lesion which was 13mm but said due to the scan qualities it could be demyelination, motion related artifact, or neoplasm.   

Spoke with my MD and he says its where the AN would be so most likely that is what it is based on all the symptoms.   The report said to review again with another high resolution MRI in 90 days.  Not sure I'm happy with that.   Would like to know what I'm facing now rather than later.   

The ringing in the ear is getting worse as is my handling of any loud noises on that side.   Very frustrated right now.   We'll see what happens.

NEbluebells

Re: MRI "Inconclusive"
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:22:10 am »
I'm so sorry this is happening to you - I am actually mad for you, too! In what other profession can they just not do a good job (the scan didn't work, and you/your insurance paid for it - in every other profession you would get some kind of a refund or something!) So now you have to wait 90 days for a do-over??? That just sucks. I am super sorry.  I wonder if there is some kind of medical reason that they won't just re-do it immediately?

I was going to a general practitioner for 15 months after sudden hearing loss.  I literally had 7 appointments for ear problems as asked each time to be referred to an ENT.  The GP had me try steroids, nellipot, every allergy medicine on the market, exercises, and antibiotics until I got so fed up I asked my awesome pediatrician who she went to for a general practitioner and immediately made an appointment with that provider.  2 days after my appointment with that GP, I was in the ENT's office and the next day was in the MRI machine.

I know "logically" you may actually just be told to "watch and wait" anyways, but it's like the emotional toll of going crazy thinking about all the unknowns is completely ignored.  I hope you don't have an AN, but I will tell you when I was diagnosed, (when I finally saw the audiologist/ENT I told them I was pretty sure there was a "presence" in my face - I could sense it), there is a certain amount of peace that comes with the diagnosis - like at least you can make a plan. Big, big hugs.
2.2 x 1.9 x 0.9 AN diagnosed Mar 16
No sense in being pessimistic, it won't work anyway ;)
Translab at House May 16 - Couldn't have asked for better results!

elizabethpoff

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 08:40:50 am »
I had same type deal.... Was told by doc 3mm an in Feb after mri with ccontrast.... Finally got in to see neurotologist.... Mid April first appt available.... And he said mri was no good.... Just looks like blob on nerve.... To wait until end of Aug andhe wwill order it the right way.... So sad.... Hate waitin... Even if iI would be anyway.... Would like to know what is there so I can make best decision to move on with my life ☺
2mm by 3mm diagnosed on feb 18 2016 ...watch and wait for now

rupert

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 02:57:51 pm »
There of course is another option and that is to have another MRI on a better machine right now. Frankly if these doctors said it was a bad MRI, I'm not sure why they didn't have it redone right away.