AN Community > AN Community

Regrowth? Symptoms?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Citiview:
I would get the MRI but for the tight muscles perhaps a massage therapist or Reiki might help.
Sometimes alternative therapies work even better than conventional ones. I noticed on my last trip to A large Hospital in Boston that they have a Reiki place in the lobby. They are combining integrative therapies along with other treatments and these are gaining acceptance.
Just an idea for the neck tightness.

Patti:
I have been going to a Cranial-Sacral doctor for 12 years on a monthly basis to prevent headaches and face aches. He says that when muscle and all the membranes surrounding the brain are cut though that they will never line up perfectly again.  He does some magic to the membranes and muscles that keeps the cerebral spinal fluid moving as they should. And it also helps many other issues along the back.

MLB57:
Dear Patti and Cityview,

Update..  Had MRI April 26..   Jen who works for Dr Loeffler at Mass Gen called me to say the AN is NOT growing (thank goodness--what a relief!  ;D)  and that it looks really small on scan so it is not causing my symptoms..Recommended seeing a neurologist.. and my next MRI for Dr Loeffler will be in 3 years.

I have a previously scheduled appt with my PCP in May so I have been doing research on tight neck muscles and imbalance.. and it is somewhat a relief that it really sounds like the SCM muscle must be the one causing tightness as it can cause all my symptoms..

So in meantime I have an appt with my chiro so will tell them about this latest development..

Take care everyone and let's hope we can all feel well for some time to come! :)

Regards,

Mary

Patti:
Very good news! Good luck to you!

MLB57:
Thanks Patti!  Wishing you and everyone on this journey well!! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version