Post-Treatment > Facial Issues

Facial nerve self-healing

<< < (4/5) > >>

Amz569:
Just wondering about the massage. Who did it? You or therapist? If therapist, what specialty? I live in Canada and haven't received much advice in terms of exercises or therapies to try on my face.

mar:

--- Quote from: Amz569 on November 11, 2016, 10:17:44 pm ---Just wondering about the massage. Who did it? You or therapist? If therapist, what specialty? I live in Canada and haven't received much advice in terms of exercises or therapies to try on my face.

--- End quote ---

Both myself and my therapist did facial massage. When I began to see improvements, I went in for once a week facial massage, and self-massage two to three times a day. Since then I have stopped seeing this therapist and have continued with self massage once a day.

Unfortunately, physical therapists who specialize in vestibular therapy and facial function are not common. They're out there, though.

Personally I just called every physical therapy center in my city until I found someone who specializes in the type of physical therapy I need. Unfortunately, there are only three people in my city who do PT work for facial palsy and none of them take my insurance. I pay out of pocket to see PT since last May.

As a general update, my facial function is now rated at 94/100 and I no longer required PT for my face. Most people cannot tell that I have anything wrong with my face, though I do still have some asymmetry. I am just over two years out from surgery at this point. I do have other issues relating to the AN but those mostly concern headaches and occipital neuralgia. I also have facial pain sometimes because the muscles on my right side jaw and tense up for no reason. These things, according to my PT and surgeons, are totally normal. After 7 months of seeing no movement whatsoever, these are not terrible problems to have.

Sanderson:
Your post has given me hope! Thank you!

JLR:
I know it was very difficult to find a facial therapist. But finally did. Slight very slight improvement   I'm going to try massage next. Do you have a website for the massage instructions?  Thanks much, Joan

marvin65:
MAR,  THANK you for your post.  How does accupuncture help with reduce keloid formation .  I m 10 months post  translab. I am not sure but it seems theres a portion with keloid. I am applying silicone gel. I will try silicone sheet if it helps. Just too hot right now to try sheet. but I have never heard about acupuncture helping keloid. I have keloid growing up , since teen years. I am now in my 50's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version