General Category > AN Issues

Boy am I crabby!

<< < (2/3) > >>

PaulW:
If it's 5 years and you are still dizzy it maybe worth investigating Gentamicin treatment for your AN side which will permanantly disable your vestibular nerve on your AN Side.. Sounds like it's still working and remains upset

Doc:
It’s always there, howling away in my left ear. The one I’m supposed to be 100% deaf in. I don’t think any of us can ever escape it, but I’ve learned after six years how to effectively ignore it. By the way, tinnitus is our brains playing tricks on us. Remember, we’re deaf in ’that’ ear.

Take Care  ;)

Doc

mcrue:

--- Quote from: Nannybee on January 29, 2016, 05:34:30 pm ---Hi Campbellmerlin -
I'm right there with you! I'm coming up on 3 yrs post treatment and the tinnitus literally drives me mad. My husband has given up trying to understand why I'm so depressed and I've stopped looking to him for support. After all, I look fine from the outside & why can't I just get over it?

Dealing with the balance issues, constant distraction of the screeching inside my head and now a recent abrupt drop in my hearing has me questioning if life is worth living.

--- End quote ---

I feel you. Tinnitus can certainly be life changing, especially for those who experience Tinnitus at a  "catastrophic" level.

PaulW:
Tinnitus = crabby
Single sided deafness = crabby
Balance problems = crabby
Hearing loss in non AN ear = crabby
Hearing aids can help mask tinnitus, allow you to hear on your AN side with a CROS hearing aid. And improve your hearing with a BICROS hearing aid on your non AN side.
Vestibular therapy can help with balance. But if it gets unmanageable a gentamicin injection into the ear drum may possibly be the answer.

Hopefully if you tackle each of these problems you may be less crabby

arizonajack:

--- Quote from: PaulW on January 30, 2016, 01:30:51 am ---Tinnitus = crabby
Single sided deafness = crabby
Balance problems = crabby
Hearing loss in non AN ear = crabby

--- End quote ---

You left one out:

Getting old and having other things go wrong = crabby.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page