Author Topic: Sudden Hearing Loss in non AN ear  (Read 2434 times)

LeahRachel

Sudden Hearing Loss in non AN ear
« on: January 02, 2016, 09:33:11 pm »
Has anyone else had a sudden hearing loss in their non AN ear?  My AN was only discovered after an MRI to determine the cause of a very sudden hearing loss. A few months before the sudden hearing loss, I found out I had  lost most of the hearing in my left ear without even noticing.  I had a cochlear implant last year and gamma knife last month. Now I hear a little with the CI, but if I take off the CI processor, I am completely deaf.

Both AN and Sudden Hearing Loss are very uncommon and if they are really unrelated conditions the probability of getting both is astronomically low... I think I calculated under 10 people in the US should get both.  If the number is higher, that might indicate an underlying connection (that, statistically, the variables are not independent).  Part of me is just curious how common it is to get both, but mainly I would like to talk to someone else who has gone through both AN and SHL. 
Leah

Dyslexic and deaf. (expect spelling errors :) ) Cochlear in my right ear and  Gamma Knife  soon for the AN in my left.