Post-Treatment > Balance Issues

Vestibular therapy for balance

<< < (2/2)

oak1971:
Over a year post op and still not over the balance problems. Had PT several times, but nobody seems to "get" my specific problem and how to treat it.  ???

Greece Lover:
Oscillopsia.  That kinda describes well my continued symptoms.  I guess that's helpful to put a name on it!

Big Steve:
Interesting discussion. Oscillopsia, get that sometimes. I had translab surgery Jan 2013 rendering me one-side vestibular. I had some post-op vestibular PT but soon concluded that resuming jogging, hiking, trail jogging, skiing (alpine, XC and touring) and mountain travel on foot was the best DIY vestibular therapy for me. Post surgery, I am much more dependent on visual cues for balance, and I have problems skiing in flat light or other low viz conditions. (Any skiers out there feel free to PM me re goggle lenses that enhance vision in various conditions.) A sudden head movement really messes me up, so I really work on keeping my head steady during my activities. It aint what it used to be, but I am thankful each day that I am still getting out there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version