Author Topic: Barometric headaches  (Read 20916 times)

Lorenzo

Re: Barometric headaches
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 01:21:01 pm »
nothing, other than leaving for a break in the sun and constant good weather.

Static

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 09:37:51 pm »
Umm, I'm still working on that one!  I'm in the northeast too (eastern PA) and it's been getting me almost daily lately!
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 03:57:58 pm »
Karen,
Have you considered seeing a headache neurologist at a headache clinic?  Mine has worked wonders for me, seriously. Seriously! Has anyone diagnosed you with cluster headaches?My Headache Wizard has diagnosed me with "cluster headaches with migranous components resulting from surgical insult." Quite a mouthful, eh? I have gotten so much better since he's been treating me.

Hugs,
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Static

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 05:12:16 pm »
Deb,
I was going to do that  but then the headaches weren't so bad.  They've started up again tho so I am probably going to the headache clinic at Jeff.  I wish I could set something up  soon but.......... well, I'm probably kind of a sissy, it's just too cold right now to take the train into Philly!  Gonna search this area for something closer but I would probably be better off at Jeff!  I figured you would know what I was talkin about with these head bangs! 
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

wiltedrose

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 04:31:49 pm »
tammyk: the only helpful treatment I have found is to go to bed and stay there until the darn headache is gone, no drugs or natural measures otherwise have help in the 16 years I've been fighting the "after efects" of AN
Kathleen

I've noticed that AN has been mentioned in almost every message but I have no idea of what it is.  Could you please explain it to me?

Thank you. ???

Obita

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 04:53:38 pm »
Hi wiltedrose:

AN is short for Acoustic Neuroma.  It is a benign tumor that usually starts on the vestibular nerve in the internal auditory canal.  As it grows, it compresses or attaches to the acoustic nerve also.  That is why so many of us have lost our hearing.  Many people suffer from headaches either from the AN itself or post treatment (radiation or surgery).

Have you been diagnosed with an AN? 

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

AlabamaDonna

• 205-243-1233
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2022, 05:25:43 am »
I have noticed head pressure and a general feeling of fatigue, brain fog, and headache when it rains. In good weather, I feel much better. The changes in the barometric pressure even cause me to feel unbalanced, and like a 20-lb. sandbag is sitting on top of my head. Have you noticed this and how do you alleviate the pain? I had surgery 4 weeks ago to remove 95% of a 3.0 tumor after hydrocephalus and radiation. Thanks! Donna
Diagnosed after sudden hearing loss at age 57
MRI November, 2018 1.7 cm. MRI in April, 2019 2.1 cm, MRI March, 2022 3.0.
Headaches, tingling on tongue, lips, fatigue, balance, memory loss. UAB Radiation Aug. 2019, UAB Surgery to implant shunt, Oct., 2021. UC San Diego Surgery, July, 2022. Translab.

alabamajane

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2022, 12:50:18 pm »
Welcome AlabamaDonna,
I had translab 10 years ago and experience much the same symptoms as you .. not as bad as at first though.
I don’t really know of anything that helps much. You are not far from your surgery so these type of symptoms are pretty expected I believe.
 Your brain has had a trauma and it is going to take a little while to heal. I learned pretty early on to give into what my body and brain were telling me. I rested a lot in the first weeks.
 I know it is hard these first weeks and months really. But it will get better.
Sorry I don’t have any real answer,, but know many of us have these same feelings.
Maybe some others will respond with some helpful advice.

Jane ( from the bottom of the State,, in Mobile area)
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26