General Category > Inquiries

With these symptoms, could I possibly *not* have an acoustic neuroma?

<< < (8/8)

ppg01080:
Jill,
Great news. I had my surgery 7 weeks ago. I lost all hearing in my right ear. I'll be looking into my hearing aid options in August.

ivana:

--- Quote from: Jill_S on July 11, 2016, 09:41:15 am ---I just wanted to give a brief update -- in case someone else here winds up having autoimmune inner ear disease instead of an AN and because my last post was so bleak.

I did wind up taking the medication and it worked! I regained almost all my hearing in my right ear (in normal range now all the way up to about 5300 Hz and enough in my left hear that we can now start thinking about hearing aids. Back in January, I had "profound" loss in most frequencies in my left ear. Now a couple of these frequencies are borderline "severe/profound." We'll see. The audiometrist at first suggested a CROS device for the bad ear, but I really want to see if amplification makes any difference, before just giving up and going with the CROS.

So, if anyone out there does wind up with AIED, do not dispair!

--- End quote ---
Hi, I have AN on night side but started to have problems with my good ear, hearing loss without explanation. I am looking for right doctor and tests to find out what is going on. Right now i am on corticosteroid therapy. Please contact me, any help is very needed :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version