Author Topic: Recent MRI - 2 1/2 years from radiosurgery  (Read 1732 times)

Patti

Recent MRI - 2 1/2 years from radiosurgery
« on: June 23, 2018, 06:36:02 am »
As you can see from my signature, I have had a long history of this bugger! I really thought I was in the clear after 15 years and then it showed up again.  I continue to live life well, although deal with the usual issues of us ANers.  I always get so consumed with fear around the time of my MRI. Trigeminal pain has been worse lately so i had myself convinced that this MRI would show growth.  I had a week between the MRI and the doctor visit to get the report. Kudos to my husband for keeping me busy socially!!!!! Well, it's all good! The tumor is there, but it has not grown at all since SRS in November of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!  But it really helped that my doctor explained that I am always going to have trigeminal pain because that area was so damaged during my first tumor episode and that an increase in that pain does not indicate growth in the recurrent tumor. I am so relieved! Back to my old life of not worrying about it!  Oh and it must be good because she said i don't need to come back for a year!!!!!
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

notaclone13

Re: Recent MRI - 2 1/2 years from radiosurgery
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 09:33:57 am »
Patti, I am sure I speak for many in congratulating you on your latest MRI report. You have had such a long and difficult road and have faced each challenge and setback with courage and persistence. You are an inspiration. I sincerely hope you will have smooth sailing from here on out and can put the AN nightmare behind you.