General Category > AN Issues

New(est) member of the club!

<< < (2/3) > >>

ANnIdaho:
Mmm...so if the west coast is the left coast, does that mean the East is the "Right" coast???? That could cause some debating.  :P
What a small world indeed! - Bonnie

BudD61520:
Unless you're facing south, correct. ;D

michellef08:
Hi BudD61520,
I had Middle Fossa at House with Dr.Schwartz and Dr. Friedman (when he was still there) 2.5 years ago, and could not recommend it enough! I live in DC so flew across the countries with no issues whatsoever! We went out early and visited Disney and San Diego, and then stayed in Newport Beach between my surgery and my post-op appointment, so it was kind of a fun trip! Once I learned about House and how experienced the surgeons are, I knew there was no one else I would trust my brain with. I had 90% hearing in my ear before my surgery, and I still have 90% today! My tumor ended up being 1.4 cm.

Let me know if you have other questions, I am happy to share my story!
~Michelle

BudD61520:
Hi all,

I had a good consult with Dr. McLaughlin yesterday. He recommended watch and wait given it's small and not risky right now. He said CyberKnife treatment would only provide a 50/50 chance of saving what hearing I've got in that ear. He also stated that if i were to have surgery i would lose all hearing in my ear. I don't think that's correct as my tumor is currently small, which I thought would qualify me for options other than a Translab.

I have  more consults to go, and a couple with surgeons so i didn't ask him to clarify his statement about surgery.

Does the 50/50 shot at preservation using CyberKnife sound accurate?

Also, i've got really good insurance right now and concerned that if I watch and wait, i may wind up having to do something when my coverage is not nearly as good. Did any of you factor this into your decision?

Doc:
Hey Buddy,

I got your IM. Sorry, I took the blog down about two years ago. I also live in Acworth, so like I said in the return message, if you’d like, we can get together for coffee and exchange notes some day.

Take Care,

Doc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version