Post-Treatment > Cognitive/Emotional Issues

Dealing with a re-occurance

<< < (2/2)

jami:
HI,

I saw Drs Ewend and O'Connell at UNC Chapel Hill (for the NC connection).

The surgery was mid august, but 6 month MRI showed some most likely growth on the bit of tumor that remained. As frustrating as that is, when speaking with them they were so supportive and open as we made the surgery vs radiationdecisions, and the fact that the tumor was very sticky with respect to my facial nerve. (CK was last week)

My brother is an eye surgeon who speaks the language, and also spent time with Dr Ewand and O'Connell; we all loved them.

Jami

turbomom:
Hi AlabamaDonna,
Dr. Fukushima did my AN removal 10 years ago. I cannot say enough about the staff and his team of helpers at Duke Raleigh Hospital. Dr. Fukushima salvaged some of my hearing, all my facial nerve and all my balance issues (which I did not have any problems with prior to surgery) returned to normal about 3 months post surgery. As in any surgery, it is important to find the surgeon that you feel confident with and that makes you feel at ease. I wish you the best in finding the surgeon that matches your goals during this challenging time. Do as must research as possible; as that is what I did and would still do it the same way today. Keep us posted.
Lisa :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version