Treatment Options > Radiation / Radiosurgery

3 months Ck major exhaustion and dizzy spells

(1/9) > >>

dominic12345:
3 months since my Ck and I fell like crap,  no problems with hearing, minor swelling and discomfort, bothersome headaches behind my ear, major exhaustion and dizzy spells.  I used to run 50 miles a week.  I now have a hard time cutting the lawn.  I did not expect how greatly I would be affected by the overall feeling... like I've been unplugged  and running at 5% of normal.  It's hard to explain just how horrible I feel all day long. 

I am praying this gets better... cause this has so dramatically changed my life, it's downright scary.

Is this normal?  Any answers from other who have experienced this is greatly appreciated.

MG:
Sorry to hear this Dominic. Maybe it is from the swelling of your AN. I have heard that you feel very tired after CK/GK but should regain your strenth back in time. Hopefully it is a sign that the tumor is slowly dying.
Hope you start to feel better soon.

MG

PaulW:
Unfortunately radiation does take its toll on your vestibular system if any of it was left prior to radiation.

Check out this website which helps explain what your are probably going through

http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/symptoms

It does get better.... A lot better. It's at least a two year journey and the first 6 months are the worst.

5 years out for me and I don't regret my decision.

Also check out www.myacoustic.org

leapyrtwins:
I chose surgery to treat my AN, but I don't think the exhaustion and dizzy spells you are experiencing are unusual for radiation.

When I was contemplating CK, my doc told me that I could have side-effects as long as 18-24 months after radiation, so based on that I'm betting your "symptoms" will get better over time.

Hang in there - and keep us posted.

Best,

Jan

Petrone:

Dominic,

I had GK in April 2013 and by June/July that same year I was absolutely miserable.  Dizzy all the time, "ice-pick" headaches behind the AN ear, poor balance, etc.  I remember worrying that I would never get back to feeling normal again.  Simple things like taking a shower were challenging. 

The good news - after 2-3 months of misery, all of my post-GK symptoms gradually subsided.  6-9 months after GK, I was symptom-free. My last 2 annual MRIs showed shrinkage and visible discoloration.  My only lingering issue is tinnitus, which I choose to ignore.  No other issues.  Started a new job last year at age 52. Life is good.

Try Alieve and ice for the headaches.  See your doctor if conditions worsen, but don't give up hope!  Your symptoms just may be signs that the GK radiation has inflamed and disrupted your AN, which is the objective of GK. 

Hang in there!  PM if I can help with any questions. 

Peace,
Petrone

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version