Author Topic: Duke Surgeons  (Read 8616 times)

kgs123

Re: Duke Surgeons
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 06:46:09 pm »
So glad to hear you say that, staypoz. I thought his bedside manner was fine but what I care about is technical skill and precision. I have my preop with him next week!

Sailfish

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 02:45:30 pm »
Partial Hearing loss is my main symptom.   If I want to preserve what hearing I have left then the sooner the better for Middle Fossa.  Otherwise, yes watch and wait is a good option.

Sorry, long delay in getting back to the AN website.  I’m 5 weeks post-op today and doing great.  The results from surgery with Drs Cunningham and Zomorodi have been awesome.  Melissa have you decided on Drs and surgery approach.  If you want to private message me, I am more than happy to discuss my experience.  I thought everyone at Duke was amazing from check in, pre-op and ICU care. 
6/23/17  3.2cm  Facial numbness and tingling  Tinnitus 2012 
Surgery with Drs. Cunningham and Zomorodi at Duke - upcoming

kgs123

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 06:48:34 pm »
I had Dr Francis and Dr Zomorodi for translab at Duke on 11/1/17. Both are fantastic. Dr Z removed nearly all of my tumor and kept my facial nerve intact. Dr Francis is helping me deal with some CSF leak and a second surgery this week (we debated last week but tried some more conservative approaches first).

I will tell you that Duke will make an effort to get you out the door quickly. If you feel you aren't ready, advocate for yourself. I had an awful day after the second surgery, needed to be recatheterized, still on IV and had a massive headache that the oxy wasn't touching. They switched up my meds, adding steroids, changing the paid meds and adding a low dose of nerve block. I felt better but it was only about 10-12 hours. I stayed an extra night due to my own advocating to make sure that trajectory continued.

Duke is great but they hand in reports on how quickly they get people out. So just be aware and make sure YOU are ready to go home.