Author Topic: Holistic approach with CK  (Read 22792 times)

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Re: Holistic approach with CK
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 10:10:38 am »
Palace,

Ã‚  All I can say about the subject of "Holistic Medicine" is, beware of how you spend your money. The health food and holistic medicine worlds are
burgeoning industries fraught with ageless "snakeoil" salesmen and con men. I was sick for 5-6 years before I was even diagnosed. I had a gigantic
tumor (5cm x 5cm) with hydrocephalus. I experienced increasing left-side deafness, double vision and eventually catastrophic equilibrium problems as the growth increased in size over time. I was begininning to think I had M.S..
 Ã‚ I have many friends who are deeply involved in the "holistic" lifestyle and am privy to a great deal of information in this area as a result. For months on end I was spending handfuls of money and comsuming handfuls of pills to combat my increasing malaise - to no avail. It wasn't until I obtained insurance and had an MRI that REAL steps were taken in the way of treatment, all within a week or two. I had no time left to spare!
 Ã‚ I remember being diagnosed by a "Kinesiologist" that came to the conclusion that the problem was in my liver. I went around for a while believing that I had liver poisoning. I can scarcly forgive people like that giving others what could be a bum, lethal steer.

Ã‚  From my experience with this condition - what saved my hide was the good old American Medical Association. Those guys have earned my respect in a big way! I don't care what any of those quack, quick buck artist, snake oil salesmen say. "Kevin Trudeau" can take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned!

My advice: Seek out the the most competent and experienced doctors in this field. Don't delude yourself with quack cures and remember: nothing can take the place of a good, balanced diet and exercise! Don't play games with your health. These things generally don't stop growing and take no prisoners by the time they're finished.

Ã‚       Take Care,  Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Dealy

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2006, 10:52:49 am »
Since we all can agree that radiation is radiation per-se-getting zapped. I had 25 sessions of FSR. The day after I got home I got Zappers of the face from the facial nerve-this will put you to your knees fast- (not everyone will get these) I was put on 6 days of steroids. Then I thoiught my hearing went-another 6 days-and finally in one of my posts-when my symptoms of numbness in the face etc. re-turned big time-another 6 days of steroids. It all depends on size of tumor-what nerves it affects etc. While I was getting treatment I could not swallow. They did want to put me on roids but I refused then. Sue in Washington was on Decadron-that it the high level of steroids-I hear their nasty-I was on predisone. Those were not bad. So I have been on steroids three times in 3 months. Did they do any good? With the Zappers-yes? Does everybody experience the same thing-no? Good Luck-keep us posted.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2006, 12:09:20 pm »
Finally, some good feed-back.  Thank you all once again for more information.  This is what we are all looking for.  Yes, the AN is a serious condition and that is why I considered all options before, making my own decision.  There are many different types of problems and being in the medical field myself, I researched all I could after checking everything I could think of.  Yes sadly, the medical field can be considered a "big business" these days.  (as well as the meds and OTC pills around, holistic and otherwise)  I heard of someone here locally, who died of a cancer condition trying to treat themselves holistically.  Like I said before, I may take some vitamins as a back-up later.  Hopefully, it couldn't hurt.  I was trying to build up my immune system when I took all those pills at the time I got the bad AN news.  Yes, hopefully we all can be level-headed about our own problems and make the intelligent decision. 

Again many thanks for making this thread interesting,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2006, 12:59:26 pm »
Hi all....

Yes!

Diet and exercise is good guide-line.  (hopefully, we can exercise without balance problems in our way)

One important thing I would like to add on the subject of health.........people seem to cook out the necessary elements/vitamins in our foods, these days.  Years ago perhaps people were more healthy when they ate out of the ground and off the trees.

Maybe I should go back to Los Angeles.......... ;)

Just kidding,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2006, 02:19:12 pm »
Palace,

At this point, all the good dieting and exercise will do for you is bolster your immune system and strengthen your heart and lungs in preparation for your approaching medical treatment.  It helps going into it being physically fit - believe me. I know because I've been through it.
   Once the die is cast with a condition like this, you most often have to see it through in a conventional medical sense. Herbs and all that may help but are not a cure all for something like this. It may behoove a person to combine both holistic and conventional methods. I don't know.

If I had opted for the herbal route and settled for just taking tons of Chickweed and Red Root - that allegedly fight or reduce tumors and cysts -every day I probably would have died. And I was getting close;  real close because I'd let it go for so long.

The amazing thing was, of all the people I knew, I was the only one that religiously took care of himself. No smoking, no drinking, Jogging 5 miles a day, weight training and even cycling 30 -50 miles a day before I got into running. Eating right. Taking good supplements. Yet, I was the one that got sick. Why? Who knows? One thing I do know: being in shape helped me get through it.

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.