Author Topic: Newly diagnosed in Georgia  (Read 2878 times)

rachaelginger

Newly diagnosed in Georgia
« on: February 02, 2016, 09:21:10 am »
I am so thankful for the ANA. My spouse was diagnosed with both 1) small meningioma and 2) larger AN or Meningioma (they say it shows characteristics of both) about two weeks ago. The larger of the two measures 2.675 long axis, 2.3 cm on short axis and 2.7 in height.  I  just sent out records to the House clinic ( Dr Bachman), Chang at Stanford, and Dr Friedmann at USC. I am waiting for calls back for a consultation. Not even sure what to ask the forum at this point. I have called Support group leaders in Texas, Florida, California and Georgia and they have all been incredibly supportive! Never wished for my spouse to be diagnosed with a brain tumor but I am floored by the love and support shown to us from ANA folks. Just wanted to open dialogue with this group. Not even sure what to ask at this point!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:10:46 am by rachaelginger »

Director

• Administrator
Re: Newly diagnosed in Georgia
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:43:37 am »
Thank you, Rachael- you made our day! We are here when you do have those questions. Feel free to contact us anytime.

alabamajane

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 10:59:48 am »
Welcome!
Yes, we are all here to help both you as a caregiver and your husband navigate this journey.
Feel free to ask for advice (from us, non-medical folks),,, we have all been where you both are right now,,

We look forward to hearing from you and best of luck with medical opinions.

Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 01:51:22 pm »
Hi rachaelginger .....

Adding my welcome here.  Many thoughts and prayers as you and your spouse navigate the opinions/options ahead of you.  Gather your questions and ask away .....  Keep us posted on developments.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011