Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 5818 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Hi all!
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:50:14 pm »
Hope all is well, wishing good health to my old friends and good luck to the newbies.

Life is good with me, I'm doing well though still suffer facial pain which I am managing with yoga and meditation and an occassional percocet.  Lately my doctors seem concerned about my right pupil which has decided to change size, independent of its left side partner.

If anything my slight facial weakness has gotten worse and my right eyelid is drooping a bit.  Not too concerned about this and still pretty happy to be alive.  I sense an MRI in my future.

Training now for a duathlon, and maybe a triathlon.

Changed jobs (less stress) and that helps.

Catch me up people!

Hugs,
Marci

3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Kaybo

Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:56:31 am »
Marci~
SO GOOD to hear from you!  I'm not on here very much these days but happened to be here today and saw your post!!  Sorry you have had some "issues" but still have that great attitude, I see...that's all we can do, huh?  Does your new job involve music?  Isn't that what you did before? Just glad it is less stressful for you!

How exciting about the duathlon - I try to exercise most days but still have trouble running much of a distance - it is weird...I can go hard & forever on a machine but not out running.  The only thing I can figure is that I am somehow over taxing my little brain with all the outside forces.  I have worked up jogging as much as I can and walk 2-5 miles - I think I could do more if I had someone to run with!!

So glad you are doing well!
K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 02:47:26 pm »
Hi, Marci and welcome back!

It's been awhile (10 months) but who's counting?   ;)

I'm sorry to learn of your post-op complications but you seem to be dealing with them very well.  Kudos to you for your positive attitude!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 03:16:38 pm »
Wow Marci welcome back. I'm sorry to hear your having issues. We are all here for you.  ;)

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 06:45:57 pm »
Wow Marci it's been a while.

Good to see you!   ;D

I can totally relate to the new job/less stress scenario.  I started a new job a week ago and my stress level has come way down.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mk

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 07:36:17 pm »
Hi Marcy!

Good to hear from you. What a strange coincidence, I was wondering how you were doing the other day.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 10:27:19 am »
Yay! Marci checked in! You sound like you are in good spirits despite a few concerns, and I am so glad that your new job is less stressful. My new job... retiree...is also less stressful, but I stay busy just the same. The difference is that the busy-ness is of my own creation.  Healthwise, I cannot complain about much of anything other than the usual wear and tear on a 60+ body  ;).  Good for you with the training! You will have to keep us posted on how it goes.
Stay in touch. We have missed you. :D
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

malegant2

Marci Alegant head pain question
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 02:56:26 pm »
Dear Friends,

I hope all of you are doing ok. I have been experiencing unhappy symptoms and though I will of course go to my doc, I wanted to check in with the experts. (You may notice I have a new email/username:).

I have been experiencing head pain and neck pain a lot lately. Sometimes this wakes me in the middle of the night and I think I'm having a nightmare. It's weird. The rest of the time it just hurts near the incision and the entire right side of my head feels tight and painful. This seems very strange to me--what's the deal?

Marci