Author Topic: baha on 7th may...I'm so nervous  (Read 3323 times)

clairebear

baha on 7th may...I'm so nervous
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:11:20 pm »
Hello guys I'm booked in to have a baha on the 7th May. . I'm having local anaesthetic and worried about all kinds of things going wrong? 
What's recovery like? A few people II've spoke to have mentioned they've had complications it anaesthetic haveany ofyou guys?
What's the risks of having the baha?

alabamajane

Re: baha on 7th may...I'm so nervous
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 05:46:05 pm »
Hi,
I had BAHA implant on Halloween 2014. No problems at all. Short surgery, no problem with anesthesia and on way home that afternoon. No infection since, no healing issues.

I hope yours goes as well and I'm sure it will..its an easy surgery,, comparatively  ;D
Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

Necromancer

• You are your own best advocate!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 11:58:31 am »
I just had my Attract magnet and anchor placed on Friday 4/17. Done under general, and no problems. In at 6am and out by 10:30am. Bulky pressure dressing made me look like a wrestler. Now I'm just waiting the 2-3 weeks till turn on. Are you having the post?
Left SSD 5 days post flu vac. Severe vertigo x 3 weeks. Left ear AN found on MRI 11/5/14 6mm x 4mm watch and wait. 22 hyperbaric O2 tx, no change. BAHA5 Attract 4/17/15 changed to post 12/15/15 2.5 year  MRI shows no change.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 05:58:47 pm »
Hi Claire, congrats on being able to get a BAHA!  I hope it lives up to your expectation.  So 99% of the time most people won't have any problems.  I was the other 1%.  My journey is well chronicled here somewhere on the forum, just do a search.  Long story short, 5 years later I still have leaking around the abutment...something I need to go back to my ENT doc to have him look at.  Functionality-wise, I give 5 stars.  It's awesome!  So just like our original AN procedures, everyone's experience is unique with BAHA's as well.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston