General Category > AN Issues

2.2mm ana

<< < (2/4) > >>

NYLady:
Hi Bikerguy,

Your AN is considered REALLY small, as mine was at 5.4 mm.  It amazes me how severe the symptoms can be with a tumor that is considered small.  I had severe balance, hearing loss and tinnitus issues.  On my second MRI six months later, it had grown to almost 7mm and I decided to proceed with GK surgery.  Felt really great for about three months, and then symptoms gradually escalated to where they are now, balance not good most of the time, tinnitus which is sometimes loud but most times I can ignore it and almost all hearing now gone in AN ear (profound hearing loss)  I am about 9 months out from treatment and hoping these issues will resolve sometime in the futute.  The tinnitus can be overwhelming at times.  I have heard that cutting back on caffeine can help.  Also, I wonder if you properly protect your ears while working.  It really is important to protect the ears from very loud noise.  Please try to do that as in future, the hearing you have, particularly in your good ear, becomes even more important.  Also cutting back on exposure to loud noise will help the tinnitus to some degree.  There are some masking devices to help tune out the head noise, but I found it just added to the jam session I had going on in my head.....but different things work for all of us and you wont know till you try  Another thing I have read is that certain medications can contribute to tinnitus.  I am not all that knowledgeable as many are on this forum, but I hope some of this can be of help to you.  I am sure you will hear from others who know and have experienced much more than I.  Meanwhile, I wish you relief and peace in your journey.

Best to you,
NYL

bikerguy:
thanks nylady, thinking about going to hershey medical center here in hershey pa. maybe they can do further testing. yesterday was a bad night at work, dizzy hot and sweaty feeling. not sure if its from this small thing in my ear or maybe just another virus.and yes, i do wear hearing protection. i dont think we realize how valuable our ears are until we start having these problems were having. i just want to feel normal!!!

Walter-AN:
Hey bikerguy,

I was diagnosed in January of 2014 with a very small AN just like you.  I developed tinnitus in September of 2014 and felt the same way you do.  Sleepless nights, constant worrying, waiting and wondering if it's going to get louder and never go away.  I did join the American tinnitus association and followed some of their advice. I've tried ginkgo biloba, lipo-flavonoid, vitamin D. A lot of advice you will read will tell you to accept it and not fight it and it will get better.  Not easy to do! But in my case it seems, after 7 months,it's better after realizing this isn't going to go away.  I started to journal when it was bad and when it slacked off.
And what might have caused it.  On thing for me is lack of sleep (I know hard to do when your head is ringing!) and job stress. I think I'm just getting us to it.  I now know that after it spikes it's going to get better and tone down a few notches and then it's not so bad. But it is loud! I know how you feel. But try some different things and keep track to see if it helps. Walks, vitamins, less caffeine.  In my case time helped, I'm sure that's not going to apply to all.  Hang tough and try to roll with it.

Good luck!

bikerguy:
walter, you sound exactly like myself, i am on ginkgo, and all the vitamins you can think of.tried lipo, cut out all sodium,and still no relief. your right about when the tinnitus flares up, its seems to be toned down the next day after a good nights sleep. what i am confused about is, my ent dr. says because i have ringing in both ears, he cant say for sure that, that little 2.2 mm thing in my ear is a a.n. wondering if anyone on here has the same issues? IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A SMALL TUMER (AN) AND HAVE RINGING IN BOTH EARS? THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES!!!

bikerguy:
anyone here have tinnitus in both ears with an AN in only one ear?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version