Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Transear device?  (Read 5197 times)

sunshinejklm

Anyone have experience with Transear device?
« on: February 24, 2015, 01:04:18 pm »
Hi there, my name is Michelle and I have single sided, sensorineural deafness. I am interested in the Transear device but I can't find a lot of information about it. Has anyone used it and had success? I tried the phonak cros for a while and it did not work for me.

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Re: Anyone have experience with Transear device?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 06:30:33 pm »
Quite a bit of information, actually.

Beginning with the Transear website:

http://www.transear.com/

Which obviously contains a lot of hype and favorable testimonials.

Plenty more in the following search result:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=transear%20reviews

I don't know why the Phonak Cros didn't work for you. I've had mine for almost three years. Like any other hearing technology it's good but not perfect.

Beware of hype and make sure you have a free trial period to see if Transear works for you.

3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

Snoopy-16

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 02:00:37 am »
Hi all,
As you probably know, the TransEar is only available in a few countries, but as I live in Australia, my options were either the BAHA or stay SSD.
3 years ago (in 2012) I discovered TransEar on Google, & decided I had to have one.
I travelled from Australia to the UK in 2013 and was fitted with one, but I never really got on with it. I found it really uncomfortable & the sound was very intermittent.
Regardless, I decided to purchase it & return to Australia, to see if I could 'get used' to it.
I 'put up' with it for 3 months, before I decided it wasn't for me.

Now (Feb 2015) I was sorting through a draw, and found my TransEar. I thought I would give it one more try. Funny enough, it seems to be working really well this time. I was just thinking about trailing the BAHA, but maybe now, I may finally have the answer to my SSD after all in the TransEar.
(Fingers crossed)

I have noticed that this topic has not been monitored for quite a while.
I hope there are other TransEar users that see this.

Regards,
Pete
(SSD since 2009)
Single sided deafness caused by 'serous labyrinthitis' in 2009, brought on by a simple chest infection.
Tinnitus in dead ear, sounds like compressed air blasting out of an air gun.

Mei Mei

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:50:08 am »
I know there are a lot of people that are happy with the TransEar such as Eve (JerseyGirl) who hasn't been that active lately, nor have I.   There was another woman in I think Michigan that was happy with it.   SOmeone suggested to go the the actual inventor in Johnson City Tenn to buy it but there are also others who can do a good fitting.   Just pick the one with the most experience as Jersey Girl said and she went to NYC.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Brewers7

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 01:46:16 pm »
I used the Transear for 2 years prior to getting a BAHA.  I still use my Transear if I am going to be outside in the wind or if I am indoors at night and do not want the BAHA blue light shining through.  Susan (Mississippi)
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010