Author Topic: Any resources in the Denver area?  (Read 6802 times)

jvasatola

Any resources in the Denver area?
« on: October 05, 2006, 12:08:13 pm »
I was just diagnosed yeserday and was referred to Dr. Cass.

Any reccomentations or input on Denver area resources would be great.

Thanks,

Jim

Zanybrainy

• Surgery 01/24/05 4.0cm, Colorado Springs, CO Retro
Re: Any resources in the Denver area?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 10:31:39 pm »
Jim, I went to Dr. Cass for a second opinion.  I was referred to him by a Dr. Hegarty in Colorado Springs.  He is very knowledgeable, thorough and very nice.  I had my surgery in Colorado Springs with Dr. Hegarty and had great results.   Dr. Hegarty taught at the University of San Francisco and I think they may have connected there.  Anyway, I would highly recommend either of them.  Hope you are doing ok I know it is a scary thing to go through, but there is life after an acoustic neuroma.  Mine was 4.0 cm and was pressing on my brainstem.  I thought it was all middle age, funny thing. . . I'll be praying for you, Cath
Retrosigmoid, January 24, 2005
4 cm "stuck" to brainstem
Memorial Hospital, Colorado Springs

lmarek

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 02:38:04 pm »
Jim-
I went to Dr. Cass as a second opinion referral from Dr. Morrissey at Foothills Medical Center in Boulder.  Both doctors were very knowledgeable, but I personally felt more comfortable with Dr. Morrissey.  As one more option, Dr. Morrissey also recommended Dr. Kellsall at the Sweedish Medical Center in Denver.  I never saw him, but you might look into it.  I just got back to Boulder from surgery in California at the House Ear Institute, and I could not have asked for a better result.  I had a 1.2 cm tumor and the sucessfully removed the tumor and preserved my hearing and facial nerve.  I know it's a lot more of a time committment to go out to California, but if you ask me, it's worth it!  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lindsay
Lindsay
Boulder, CO

Sam Rush

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 04:08:13 pm »
Statisticly,  House clinic in LA has the best surgical results in the country.
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05

robinm

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:29:11 pm »
Hey jvasatola,
Have u had your surgery yet? I had my surgery done at Swedish medical center by Dr.Muckle and Dr.Day. They form an excellent team and they are very good at it...  I had not a single side effect although my AN was 3cm large.. ofcourse my hearing was gone..but it was already gone before the surgery..

Best wishes,
Robin

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 01:58:26 pm »
Hi Robin

I believe Jim had Cyberknife radiosurgery done, if memory serves me right.

Phyl

Hey jvasatola,
Have u had your surgery yet? I had my surgery done at Swedish medical center by Dr.Muckle and Dr.Day. They form an excellent team and they are very good at it...  I had not a single side effect although my AN was 3cm large.. ofcourse my hearing was gone..but it was already gone before the surgery..

Best wishes,
Robin
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jvastola

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 03:33:00 pm »
That is correct, I had CK in bouilder 12/4-6.  Sorry I missed the question earlier. 

Jim
Jim
San Jose, CA
Diagnosed 10/4/06
2.2cm x 2.4cm x1.9cm Left side
CK December 4-6 2006
6 month MRI showed no cell death
12month MRI Tumor size 1.9x1.9x1.6
14 months my hearing stars to return!!