Author Topic: Drs Luxford and Schwartz at House  (Read 2401 times)

seh0308

Drs Luxford and Schwartz at House
« on: December 19, 2014, 11:01:52 am »
Hi All,
I have finally decided on a team of doctors which will be Dr. Luxford and Dr. Schwartz at the House Clinic in LA.  Has anyone had this team recently or been there recently?  I feel so much better having a plan. 
The other question I have is I am scheduled for Jan 8, 2015- is anyone else going to be there at this time? 
Thanks!
2.6cm AN diagnosed 12/11/2014
decreased hearing, some facial tingling, and tinnitus

v357139

Re: Drs Luxford and Schwartz at House
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 10:10:48 pm »
I went there and had Slattery and Schwartz so I cannot speak for Luxford.  But I can tell that Schwartz was excellent, phenomenal.  St Vincents is small but they handle so many ANs they really know what they are doing.  You are in great hands.  I stayed at the Seton Center.  It is not the Ritz Carlton.  But it is clean, quiet, and reasonably priced.  You can even cook there if you want.  It was perfect for recovery.  And it was very reassuring beforehand to meet people there who were recovering and doing really well.  That really helped alot.  Best of luck. You are going to a great place.
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!