Author Topic: Phone consult with House Clinic  (Read 2824 times)

bethtretrault

Phone consult with House Clinic
« on: August 23, 2014, 04:36:42 am »
House received my materials for the consultation on June 25th. I called them 2 weeks ago because I had heard nothing and the PO did not have record of delivering the material (I sent it certified. Apparently if you want something to actually be delivered and have a record send it Registered).  When I called I was sent to records and records sent me to a nurse who said she would remind the MD to call (this was last week).  How long does it usually take to get a call back? Should I take this as a sign (don't wait on House  :)) ?
beth
12/2013 5mmx4mmx4mm left
tinnitus, w&w
5/2015 7mm-louder tinnitus, occasional dizziness
retro sigmoid 11/2015

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Phone consult with House Clinic
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 07:06:05 am »
Hi bethtretrault .....

All I can say is your lack of response is a bit unusual for the doctors at House.  Someone may have mislaid your information (which is inexcusable in my mind) or it was not actually received and no one called you back to tell you that (which is also inexcusable).  The usual response time is within 48 hours, often sooner.  I would call again.

My doctor at House (at the time) was Dr. Friedman and he called me back in less than 24 hours.  Dr. Friedman is now at USC, but I know he is following this same pattern of quick response.

If it were me, I would call them again and ask when I might expect a call back ..... just to make sure they actually have my records.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

jeninla

Re: Phone consult with House Clinic
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:57:20 pm »
Bethtretrault,

I am local to LA.  When I was first diagnosed, I made an appt to meet with Dr. Schwartz directly rather than doing through phone.  I had my surgery on 8/5/14.  I know the last two months due to summer holidays they have been quite short staffed on the surgeons.  Dr. Schwartz is on vacation for one month (they really need their breaks). Dr. Lekovic was on vacation for one month during my surgery and is now back.  Dr. Slattery was out for a week.  Those are only the docs that I knew so I'm assuming the other docs are in and out as well.  I don't know if this will work, but you might try calling one of the doc's secretary directly and see if they are in town and can look at your file? 

I wouldn't give up on them.  They are so good with AN surgery.  Once you are there, you get their experience and expertise, and all of their nurses know exactly how to care for you. 

Good luck!
discovered 2.0 cm 6/2014
retro sig 8/5/2014 with HEI, Schwartz/Slattery
total removal
hearing, facial nerves preserved!
Full recovery with no headaches