General Category > AN Issues

Left Vertebral Artery is Dominant!

<< < (2/2)

PaulW:
Steroids for hearing loss is most effective if started within 24-48 hours I believe.
They are powerful drugs and taking them should not be taken lightly..

There is still some question over how effective steroids are for hearing loss with acoustic neuromas especially in the long term.

My doctor won't prescribe them, unless pushed. His long term hearing preservation rates are the same as doctors that do prescribe them..

His thoughts are that they don't work long term....

Personally I have taken them, and also not taken them for hearing loss, and I really have no idea if they worked or not. Because my hearing came back in both instances.

thedales7:
My left artery is dominant too.  I think they make note of that to explain why it looks larger than the other.  They also always point out that my right artery is "diminutive in size" to the left.  They say it's a normal variant.

JWW:
Thank you again thedales7 and PaulW, I am feeling better about this being a "normal variant".
I'd rather not take steroids PaulW because I tend to be hypersensitive to sound and in some ways this works in my favor. It is frustrating to ask people to repeat what they are saying, esp. my husband and people on the phone.

JWW

Steven Giannotta:
Actually it is much less common that the vertebral arteries are exactly the same size, and most people have the left side as dominant (bigger).  I'm sure the radiologist did not mean to imply that anything is wrong.  SG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version