Archive > Archives

Shooting pains in the AN ear. anyone have this?

(1/4) > >>

Patti UT:
HI All,
   I am just about 2 years post op, middle fossa. I have been experiencing something new lately. Very sharp shooting pains from the inside out thorugh my AN ear. Feels like it starts way deep in my  head and shoots out through the ear. Anyone ever have this so long after surgery?  Wondering what it could be.  Any thoughts?

Patti UT

matti:
I also had Middle fossa and experienced alot of sharp pains prior to surgery.  I do on occasion still get them, but much less severe.  I think my post op ear pains are related to allergy or weather changes. The pain prior to surgery was so intense that I would literally drop to my knees.

Cheryl

Captain Deb:
Patti-yootee,
Do you have any hearing in that ear? I 've wondered, since I have no hearing, can I get an earache! I have a dead hearing nerve, but what about the pain nerves?
I've never had shooting pains or anyother kind of pain actually inside the ear, but I sure get them right above it and behind it and in front of it. hmmmm..........
Capt Deb

Gennysmom:
Patti....I had occasional shooting pains pre-surgery for years.  It lasts about10-15 seconds and causes me to grab my ear and rub it...it's like it's right through the canal.  I had hoped that I was over that having surgery, but it happened yesterday....same feeling as pre-surgery.  Darn.  It hurt like heck!!!!

Windsong:
yes, i have had shooting pains behind and in my ear

over the years before being diagnosed i got shrugs and bewilderment as to what could be causing it as no evidence of an infection in the ear etc. as would be a normal finding.

i had some pains like that but rarely after my fsr

i still get weird things in my ear

i think more of us should mention this even if it is fleeting or transitory or makes us almost fall down when it happens... 'cuase it sure isn't "normal".....
thanks
windsong

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version