Author Topic: Post surgery headaches  (Read 4919 times)

Wombat56

Post surgery headaches
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:44:55 am »
I have been having severe headaches since my surgery, I had a AN in 2008, had 90% of it removed! I go back every 12 months and have an MRI to check it's not growing back, I have been seen by a consultant who has given me 15 injections in my head and neck to see if this will help, the relief was instant and lasted for 7 days, got to go back and have more injections, the headaches are the worst I have ever had, has anyone else been through the same and if so has injections helped. Many thanks, Peter.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Post surgery headaches
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 12:50:02 pm »
Hi Peter and welcome to this forum of supportive new friends .....

It is wonderful that you have not experienced any growth of the remaining tumor.  That is usually the case.  If it should happen to start growing, it most often does so within the first 5 years following treatment/surgery.

I have not personally experienced any of the headaches that sometimes occur following AN surgery.  Hopefully someone will reply here as to whether any injections helped them.

Thoughts and prayers.  Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Wombat56

Re: Post surgery headaches
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 12:28:05 pm »
Thankyou for replying, I'm hoping that something can be done as the headaches are severe at times, hugs xx