Author Topic: Giannotta / Friedman team  (Read 3480 times)

MDW

Giannotta / Friedman team
« on: May 16, 2014, 10:24:37 am »
Hello, has anyone recently been treated by Dr. Rick Friedman and Dr. Steven Giannotta at USC-Keck? How did it go? I'm looking to schedule a retrosigmoid craniotomy for removal of my left side 2.3mm AN in July and would like feedback.

Also, looking for suggestions on reasonably-priced post-op facilities/hotels/extended stays...my Mom and I will be coming in from Texas to USC-Keck, and I've never been to the area. Expecting to need to stay around 10 days total.

Thanks in advance!
Female, 38 years old, diagnosed 2.3 cm AN on left side on 2/28/2014 in Austin, TX

MDW

Re: Giannotta / Friedman team
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 10:45:18 am »
Oops, wishful thinking. Meant to type 2.3 cm...not mm.
Female, 38 years old, diagnosed 2.3 cm AN on left side on 2/28/2014 in Austin, TX

v357139

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 07:43:52 pm »
Dr Friedman had a great following when he was at House.  Best of luck!!
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

wsflyer

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 06:06:04 pm »
I had a right side retrosigmoid AN removal performed by Friedman and Giannotta in March.  They did a fantastic job, the outcome was as good as I could have hoped with normal hearing in the effected ear and no facial weakness.
 Additionally Dr Friedman was wonderful at calming myself and my family in the difficult weeks pre-operatively.  Dr Friedman and the team in his office go our of their way to make the experience as smooth as possible.  They are extremely responsive to any questions either via phone or email. 
Though each individual outcome is different, I knew I was putting myself in the best hands with Friedman and Giannotta.

Good luck, wishing you the best
2.0 AN -Right side

Diagnosed (incidental-no symptoms on AN side) early Feb 2014

Retrisigmoid at USC Dr Friedman/Dr G 3/18/14
Normal Hearing/ No facial paralysis