General Category > AN Issues

Anyone had radiation and it didn't work?

<< < (2/3) > >>

RhondaC:
I had surgery for a 3.2 tumor then 26 treatments with radiation.  Now the tumor has grown back.  I will have it out again in Jan only 4 years later.  Looking back I would not have had radiation.  Surgery will be harder to remove the tumor this time around.

KeepSmiling:
Maybe this is off topic but not all radiation is the same. So far we had good results for my husband, who was treated with PROTON beam radiation. There are differences in the types of radiation. Maybe this will be helpful information for someone here. I hope so. Read more under the profile name of Keep Smiling.  Best wishes to all.

becknell:
See my post above, 10 years after treatment. My husband had GK in 2006 and has had some tumor growth since then, but not enough to require treatment.

Blw:
I think the best predictor of failure is the size of the tumor. The larger it is, the more difficult it is to irradiate or remove every tumor cell. If there are viable tumor cells left, they can regrow.

mcrue:

--- Quote from: joycebaskin on June 19, 2014, 08:26:30 am ---I had cyberknife about 6 months before I had surgery I had a extremely large tumor and it took them 14 hours in surgery to remove it .  The cybserknife seem to speed up the growth
[/quote

That's frightening. Was your tumor on the larger size when you had radiation?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version