Post-Treatment > Headaches

Nerve resection surgery by Dr. Ducic

(1/4) > >>

TomBVA:
I have seen some older posts on occipital nerve resection surgery performed by Dr. Ducic (formerly of Georgetown), I am wondering how any of those patients have fared over the long term?   

I met with Dr. Ducic this week and he recommends the surgery for me to provide a likely solution to the root cause of my daily headaches.   I am hopeful but a bit nervous and trying to learn more from fellow patients.

I had retrosigmoid on 7/31/13 at HEI.  Headaches began daily at approx 4 months post-op.

Thanks for any feedback on Dr. Ducic and long term success of nerve resection surgery.

staypoz:
Search for Lizard and Janet, who have both posted about their very positive post-surgery experiences.   

I understand your hesitation.  I saw Dr. Ducic about 7 years ago and decided I didn't want to undergo yet another surgery.  I got an occipital nerve stimulator implanted and it, and time, have helped tremendously. 

Good luck with your decision and I hope you find some relief from your head pain soon.

staypoz

TomBVA:
Thanks, staypoz!  I have connected with Lizard and Janet.  They were so kind to share their experience and knowledge of this subject with me.

I will be pursuing surgery with Dr. Ducic.   I will repost later.   In the meantime, please keep your positive vibes coming my way and to all other AN'ers that are suffering from occipital headaches.

Best,
Tom

Zinnia:
As a fellow daily headache sufferer I hope you find relief soon, Tom. If you don't mind me asking, did you need to try Botox or occipital nerve blocks first in order to see if you were a good candidate for surgery? Wishing you all the best.

Edie

TomBVA:
Edie,

I asked Dr. Ducic that very same question.  He said it would be unnecessary to try Botox or nerve blocks because he knew exactly what I (the patient) was presenting with.  This was a damaged nerve as a result of retrosigmoid surgery for AN removal.    There was no need to fiddle around with botox or nerve blocks to diagnose what he already knows is going on with me.

He recommended the nerve surgery as the way to provide relief from the nerve related headaches.  I plan to get the surgery at some point in June.  Will post again later.  Ask questions at any time.

Best to you,
Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version