General Category > AN Issues

Worried Newbie UK

<< < (2/3) > >>

Islandgirl:
Sorry to hear about your current situation Worried Newbie but hope things will be at least explained on Monday.  I am also in the UK and originally in 2011 had a similar experience to yours.  Following hearing loss and tinnitus I was referred for an MRI.  I arrived to have this done and was told it would be only about ten minutes.  After about twenty minutes the radiologist just pulled me from the machine and said she was just going to put some dye in. I then went back in the machine for another fifteen minutes or so.  I was not told anything at that stage and went on my way but I was pretty sure there must be something they didn't like the look of which turned out to be an AN.  I was then referred to Neurology. I had GK at Sheffield in January 2013. 

To be honest it's very likely they have spotted something on your MRI but I am sure you realise that.  All I can say is try not to panic, easier said than done I know but if you do have an AN you will get plenty of support here.  I have learned more from ANAUSA than anywhere else. 

mrssteam:
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and positive comments.   

I am worn out with the emotion of the last few days (coupled with a lack of sleep).  The only positive I can focus on is that whatever I am told tomorrow at least I will know what I am faced with and then I can deal with it.  It is the enormity of what could be happening that makes my current situation such a scary place to be.

Knowing that others have experienced what I am going through is a great source of comfort.

I will of course update you with my results.

mrssteam:
Well my worst fears are confirmed - its 2cm.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions but at the moment I'm just a bit numb so I'll sign off for now - thank you all for your support so far x

Echo:
Sorry to hear your AN has been confirmed, but you will have lots of support and help here with fellow AN folks. The day I was diagnosed I had a good long cry and then felt relief that the AN was not a malignant tumor.  At age 47 with a 2 cm AN, you should most likely have a choice of radiation or surgery.  Once the shock of the diagnosis has worn off, and you get some rest, you will be able to start thinking clearly again and focus on what's next.  We will all be here waiting to help you in any way we can.  There are lots of successful outcomes to treating these little aliens so try and keep on the positive side of the fence!  :)

Cathie

iz2014:
Hi,

I'm in the UK and had an experience similar to yours. I ended up with two MRI. One without dye and then a recall for one with dye. Today I had the one with dye. It took about 40mins. I had 20mins without dye and then 6mins with dye. I already know from my last MRI that I have a 3cm AN. It has taken me a while to find my positive determined self after such terrifying news. I totally understand how you feel. But after chatting to the people on this forum and watching a VERY positive YouTube video posted by a 22year old lad in America, I feel soooo much better. With time you will definitely feel more in control of your thoughts about this. I am now waiting to see my ENT in one weeks time to get the details on what exactly is in my head and how we are going to 'exterminate' it... I'm expecting and wanting surgery. Keep us posted and best wishes with your treatment and recovery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version