Author Topic: seeking New Haen or Hartford ,CT Dr.  (Read 3873 times)

grace

seeking New Haen or Hartford ,CT Dr.
« on: January 24, 2014, 10:55:36 am »
Hi, I am seeking a MD in New Haven or Hartford that is excellent.I can har but my balance/vertigo has been very bad since 1/1/14. I was going togo to Dr.ichaeletes at Yale. Any info would be great. I am not sure I want radiation even though mine is small it iscausing symptoms.  Thank-You! Grace  Is it possible to come out without loosing balance and hearing? I have had alot of neck pain so I am wondering if that has changed the balance problems I am having.???

LorieB

Re: seeking New Haen or Hartford ,CT Dr.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:16:39 pm »
I had my surgery at Yale on 1/27/14 with Drs. Piepmier and Kvetan. Almost 6 weeks postop and I am doing remarkably well. The tumor was huge and I had translab.
Right "bigger than a Buick" acoustic neuroma kicked out on 1/27/14 at Yale New Haven Hospital
Piepmier/Kvetan, SSD, face is almost back to normal, things are pretty good. 
Got through this ordeal with the support of my family

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:51:08 pm »
Hi, Grace ~

My neurosurgeons were Doctor Isaac Goodrich and Doctor Judith Gorelick, affiliated with Connecticut Neuroscience in New Haven.   My surgery & radiation were performed at The Hospital of Saint Raphael (now affiliated with Yale Hospital) in New Haven. 

Dr. Goodrich has since retired but his associate, the very capable Dr. Gorelick, still practices at Connecticut Neuroscience. 

This is the CT Neuroscience website with info, address and phone numbers.  http://www.ctneuroscience.com/

Please let us know your decision on doctors and facility.  Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Bonnie B.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 12:50:05 pm »
Hi Grace,
I had Gamma Knife at Yale New Haven with Dr's Chaing and Yu two years ago.   They are very good at what they do there.  My whole experience was wonderful.  Good luck and keep me posted.
1.7 cm AN
diagnosed January, 2012 - no hearing L ear
GK surgery done March 15, 2012 at Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Ct.
Dr. Chiang and Dr. Yu

LorieB

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 01:01:57 pm »
Bonnie, thanks for your comment on GK at Yale.  I was told that they got 95% of my tumor because they wanted to do everything to preserve my facial nerve... and that GK might be in my future.  One of my children also had a brain tumor resected at age 5 at Yale and his experience was reassuring for me.  With four children and a large tumor and suspected preop CSF leak, I knew this "thing" could not wait.
Right "bigger than a Buick" acoustic neuroma kicked out on 1/27/14 at Yale New Haven Hospital
Piepmier/Kvetan, SSD, face is almost back to normal, things are pretty good. 
Got through this ordeal with the support of my family