Author Topic: DEALING WITH INSURANCE FOR BAHA COVERAGE  (Read 16627 times)

alabamajane

Re: DEALING WITH INSURANCE FOR BAHA COVERAGE
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 01:56:51 pm »
Oh, thanks Teri,,,
Best of luck with Phonak!! Some help is better than none!! I'm not sure anything would help in noisy areas like restaurants though,, except lip reading  :-*,,, but I hope it proves helpful for you,, Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: DEALING WITH INSURANCE FOR BAHA COVERAGE
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 03:16:36 pm »
I realize that this post is a few months old, but wanted to tell you that you have a very good case against your insurance company if they are paying for CI's (Cochlear Implants).

They can't discriminate against you because you are "only" half deaf - if they are covering CIs for people who are completely deaf.  You could have a good civil case.

Not that I encourage anyone to seek litigation, but if you mention that you are willing to do so Humana might just change their tune.  Happened here in Illinois a few years ago with BCBS-IL.

Also, it's key with the BAHA to have your medical provider code it as a prosthetic or implant; since most insurance companies don't cover hearing aids.

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways