Author Topic: Doctors in MN  (Read 3114 times)

clere

Doctors in MN
« on: September 18, 2013, 06:23:29 am »
Recently diagnosed with AN, looking for information on doctors in Minnesota (or surrounding states)  Would appreciate hearing personal experiences. Thank you!

terisandler

• Radical Mystic
Re: Doctors in MN
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:18:14 pm »
I don't have any names for you, but the ANA website has a section that lists names by state.  It doesn't endorse anybody but lists practitioners.  If I was in MN, I think I would check out Mayo Clinic. You can obtain the ANA WTT (Willing to Talk) list and probably find somebody with first hand experience in MN.  Good luck.
3/25/13- dx 18x11x14 mm AN, hearing loss in right ear x 5+ years, 5 sessions of CK completed May 2013, now a "post toastie".  Follow up MRI 4/14/14 - 15x19x11 mm. Stable with some signs of necrosis.
 Yippee!

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 06:22:04 pm »
Clere, I looked and have already mentioned Univ of Iowa to you.      I know it helps if  you live more in the southern part of Minn to go to Iowa City but know they do have many out of staters that go there.          I know the list of drs  on the physician list on this site are the ones willing to pay to be on it and does not mean they do more or less ANs than the other physicians.              I can say to go where you feel comfortable.     
The tumor location and size can play a part in what has happened to the nerves and this can also play a part in how it goes post op.    Much of the issues post op are temporary and do improve in time for most people.               
   I have had 3 tumors due to NF2 with surgery and know it can vary with each surgery.            I wish you well with your decision.
                                           Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

wintersmd

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 06:20:27 pm »
I went to Mayo Clinic in Rochester.  Dr's Link and Drisco performed my Middle Fossa surgery and did a great job.  The hardest part is the recovery.  I am going through about the same as everyone else.  Good luck!!

Mike

sandyinwisconsin

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 11:28:21 am »
I met Dr. Rex Haberman from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. 

Please google him.  He did a presentation at a support group meeting 2 weeks ago, and he is so down-to-earth and compassionate.

I would have him do my surgery any time, but he's not covered by my insurance.

SandyinWisconsin
1 cm AN deep in the boney canal.  Treated with 26 treatments of radiation in December, 2013.  Please pray with me that this worked.